Name:
Location: United States

Just a common man.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A tale of curls.

It was the year I turned seventeen I had been looking for love and had meet rejection from several young women.

Several? You say?

Okay you could count them on one hand maybe two.

Before approaching any young women I would always ask for God's guidance. That if she was the one it would just work out. If she wasn't that we would go our ways quickly.

The most recent rejection a foreign exchange student from Australia. Who would be willing to go with me to the Jr. Prom if her first choice fell through.

My Aunt was dating or had married a man involved in youth ministry.
And upon hearing of my search she recommended I come meet a young lady named Paula that was in their youth group.

Great a blind date, just what I needed.
My aunt said we both enjoyed the Beach Boy's music, but the funny thing is there was no great love of the group from either of us I don't think either one of us had a cassette tape from them.

Did I go you ask?

Well, she was from a different school and I had been turned down by the girls I took interet in at my school so I went.

Where?

It was a youth party at their Church.
I pulled up to the Church and no one was there.

Then these two girls pulled up in a little blue MGB convertible.
They left just as quick as they had come.

Rejected again was the thought that crossed my mind.

Well the adults and other kids showed up, the girls came back and we got started.
Can't say I remember too much.
Except the two girls the one I was there to meet was slightly overweight. Not so much that one would call her fat but she wasn't skinny like me or her blond haired friend either.

Her hair?

Dark brown with curls.
I remember the curls the most, but she had a glow about her,
A sparkle in her eyes, and I liked the way she laughed.
The youth minister would sit on her legs and tickle her knees and make her laugh.

Sat Behind them during the show or message or movie or whatever it was I don't remember.
My Aunt who was seated beside me behind the two young ladies had the nerve to reach up and playfully pull on one of those dark curls. Then she blamed it on me! The nerve, I was the quite shy type I didn't do things like that!

What's that?

Yes I would have played with those curls had I had the nerve.

Perhaps it's in memory of that night, but from time to time I delicately capture a curl on the back of my love's neck and gently slide it between my thumb and index finger till they slide off the end of the curl. If I do it just right I send a shiver down her spine and can make her whole body shake for a second or two.
I love to do that.

What's that? Was she interested in me?

I believe she was flirting her heart out all night.

And as I said before Love is full of hills and valleys of it's own.
As we stood there on that hill top together each one noticeably interested in the other.
I reached over and shoved her off the hill top.

You Didn't!! You say?

Oh, but I did.

And I will tell you about it next time my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home