Name:
Location: United States

Just a common man.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

call to battle

Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

I have found as I go to prayer God has opened up a new world for me.

He has shown me I am a prayer warrior. The deeper I get into my prayer time the more the warrior / Intercessor comes forth. I see my myself putting on the armor of God described in Ephesians 6. In my minds eye I see myself something like the picture below.

  <------ The picture I found I have not been able to copy to my posts here or on fb.

This is how God has always seen me Strong, powerful, completely unstoppable and victorious. Not because of anything I have done, but because he is in me and I in him.

But until recently I have not seen myself that way.

I once told my church in the house group I saw myself on the front line fighting the devil and his army. I was wearing myself out in the battle and wondering why God wasn’t helping. That God said there is nothing to this battle and when you need me I’ll join in.

I see now I was battling in my own strength. Doing it my own way. There was no power of God in it and I was no threat to any enemy. I don’t need God to join me I need to join Him.

Little by little I see things in a new light.

As I push deeper into prayer I see myself lift up my shield of faith, and wield my sword of the word. I feel him in me and I am unstoppable. He brings my brothers to mind and I run headfirst into battle. It is a bloody affair in my mind the demons swarm around their victims and I cut them to pieces. I resist them and they flee. I reach down and pick up my fallen comrades. I pour living water from my overflowing cup to refresh them. I apply the healing blood of Jesus to their wounds.

I long to take up position by my fellow soldiers but we don’t seem to understand how to fight as a unit. We have been on the defense needlessly for so long we don’t know offense anymore. We have let the enemy scatter us. But we are changing I can feel it. we are waking up. we know we are victorious and are starting to act like it. So……..

Take up your Armor! take up your Sword!

Be Strong Because you are strong!

Fight my brothers Fight!

Watch each others backs. Defend the ground your brother holds. Press into the battle!

And you will see God move like you have never seen before.

I have read the following verses a hundred time before. I have always focused on my condition, my armor, every time I have missed verse 18. It is a call to battle for your brothers in Christ A call I have never heard like I do know.

Ephesians chapter 6:10-18 message bible:

10-12And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

13-18Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.



Ephesians chapter 6:10-18 New Kings James Bible:

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home